The Benefits of Buying Breast Pumps
Using breast pump
• Breast pumps provide babies with nature’s best defense. Breastfeeding is a natural contraceptive. Therefore, you cannot conceive as long as you are breastfeeding. It is important because mothers who conceive will stop producing milk, which means the newborn will feed on powdered milk and it is less nutritious.
• Research shows that breastfeeding protects mothers from breast cancer. Therefore, it is a natural protective mechanism against endometrial cancers. In case you are hospitalized and unable to breastfeed your child, a breast pump will come in handy.
• If you are busy and you have to leave the baby in the house, the baby can still feed on your milk. You just need to express milk using a breast pump and leave it with your nanny or at the day care facility.
• Avent Breast Pump at Amcal are of great benefit to mothers who have undergone breast surgery since they are not stimulated by suckling reflex. Breast pumps have made it easier for babies to enjoy breast milk no matter the underlying factors like having sick mothers or working mothers. Babies can still take in nutrients that aid in their growth.
Choosing a breast pump
• Selecting a breast pump depends on the needs of a mother. Manual breast pumps are appropriate for occasional use. However, if a mother plans to use the breast pump often, an electronic breast pump is the most suitable.
• Another consideration when buying a breast pump is your nipples. Make sure you choose a pump with the right shields or phalanges that will fit your nipples perfectly. Making the right choice prevents irritation discomfort. A good breast pump should imitate the suckling action of a child, and it should not cause pain.
• Remember to choose a pump with variable speed and suction options. Mothers can easily regulate speed using such a breast pump to suit their comfort and the suckling style of the child. Remember your comfort should be a priority.
After buying the Tommee Tippee Breast Pump at Amcal Online, try using it to get accustomed to it. Start with the lowest suction level then increase speed gradually. You should be calm and relaxed for a good let down of milk.